Friday, June 11, 2010

I Got Fixed !

I've been thinking about it for a long time. My 1984 Pinarello is a wonderful road bike, but has not fit into my plans as a geared bike for the past few years. As such it was a great candidate to get fixed, and that's what I did. My first long ride will be the 100 mile Ride to Montauk on June 19, 2010.I have taken to fixed gear riding for non hilly routes, with less than about 12% grades. So far, I have been OK on 50 and 70 mile trial rides. I will post a report of the Ride to Montauk.Thanks to The Fixed Gear Gallery for inspiration!
Frame- 1984 Pinarello Record , Columbus SL tubing, investment cast bb shell and lugs
Rear wheel- Mavic open pro, Origin8 flip flop hub: 16t fixed, 18t freewheel
Crankset-1984 Campy Super Record, 41t TA chainring
Bars- new Nitto Noodle, 44cm
Stem- Nitto technomic, 90mm
Brake levers- Cane Creek
Brakes- 1984 Campy Super Record
Saddle Bag- Carradice Pendle
Saddle- Selle Anatomica, and very comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment