Sunday, May 23, 2010

5 Boro Bike Tour

     To start this blog, it is appropriate to begin with the first large event of the year. I was asked by my friend Peter to join a group of about a dozen riders for the 5 Boro Bike Tour on May 2, 2010. It is the largest mass cycling event in the world, with about 32,000 of my closest friends riding. As I am the veteran of 38 century rides, the distance was not a problem, at 42 miles. I usually consider New York City off road, so I rode my 2001 Jamis Nova with 700x32c Schwalbe Marathon tires. The steel framed bike and  wide tires were a good choice on less than perfect roads. Speed was not a concern due to the large mass of riders.Our speed averaged 8.6 mph .The temperature reached 87 degrees Farenheit, and all had a good time.The photos are of my Jamis Nova prior to the ride, and myself ( right ) and Peter ( left ).

No comments:

Post a Comment