Monday, June 21, 2010

First Fixed Gear Century

Happy Summer to all. I completed The Ride to Montauk on June 19, 2010, for my first fixed gear century. The weather was perfect, with a partly cloudy sky and temperatures on the East End of Long Island in the upper 70's. The ride was perfectly put on by our friend Glen at Bicycle Shows, and all had a good time. Lots of people from out of New York were there to enjoy the ride.
The course was, of course, a beautiful one.The Hamptons are always a great place to ride in any season. Super thanks to the organizers for providing yummy Briermere pies at the 75 mile rest stop. I chose CHERRY!
Riding fixed for a flattish century was still a challenge, with a great sense of accomplishment at the end. My pre ride training of 80 revolution hill repeats at my training ground in Lloyd Harbor prepared me well. My Power, Technique, and Mental effort contributed to success for my 59 year old legs ! Next challenge...D2R2 in Massachusetts, August 21. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment