Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter, and completion of Continental GP 4 Season road test

Winter is finally and really here. The New York and Long Island area had a large snowstorm starting December 26th, 20 inches of snow in my front yard has put cycling is on hold for now. Time to take up Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Ice Speed Skating to pass the time and stay in shape until Spring. I said that I would complete my review of the Continental GP 4 Season 700 x 28c tires that I purchased for my 1984 Pinarello fixed gear bike. During the 2010 cycling season, I have become enamored with fixed gear cycling. I have completed two 100 mile century rides on my fixed gear bike, both of which were ridden on the Conti GP 4 season 700 x 28c tires. So far, I have put about 1250 miles on this set of tires. I say about, because I do not keep a computer on my fixed gear bike by choice in the interest of simplicity. The tires have ridden very well, and soak up the road roughness like champs. Wear on the rear tire has not yet eliminated the center seam, a point at which I usually switch front and rear tires. I can honestly say NO FLATS SO FAR!
These tires have been a great solution for this particular bike. It is old enough to have room for the 28c size, and greatly benefits the ride, safety, and durability of my machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment